Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book Review: The Diamond Secret

Nadya has no recollection of her past before the asylum. She has always wondered who she was, but never had the chance to find out -- until now.
Two men named Ivan and Sergei show up saying that they believe she is the Dowager Empress Anastasia. She finds it hard to believe, but she goes anyway because even if she isn't Anastasia, her life will be better than if she stays a waitress at The Happy Comrades with no past and no future.
What Nadya doesn't know is that she's participating in a scam. Ivan had watched Anastasia get shot, and fully believes her to be dead. They have been trying to find a fake Anastasia to pass off to her grandmother as real so they can claim the reward money. 
During their travels from Russia to Paris, they all grow to love each other. Sergei is like a brother to Nadya, and Ivan is so much more. 
I grew up watching the animated movie Anastasia. I loved it so much. For a long time I thought it was all true (even the evil magic glowy things.) Then as I got older, I realized it wasn't true. I was so sad.
The plot was basically the same for book and movie, but I think they each had their own uniqueness about them. For example, in the book the characters don't burst out in song!
This was a cute, quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed.


3 comments:

  1. i was eyeing this one last year. glad to hear it's a good one! pretty cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually one of my very least favorites in the Once Upon a Time series (of which I have read them ALL! :) ) Glad you liked it, but most of the other ones are a lot better! Have you read any of the others in the series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any others in this series yet, but I'm planning on it! I've heard they were better than this one, but this is the first one I seemed to grab off the library shelf. Knowing that the others are better makes me want to get my hands on them right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...