Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book Review: A Kiss In Time

Princess Talia is your average princess. When she was born she was cursed that she would prick her finger on a spindle, then the whole kingdom would sleep until her true love kissed her. It took 300 years before her prince charming came. His name is Jack. He's a 17 year old from Miami whose parents sent him on a month long tour of Europe. While in Belgium, he stumbles upon a country that has been completely hidden from sight and mind for 300 years. While exploring the 17th century castle, he discovers a sleeping beauty. 
The next thing anyone knows, all the people of Euphrasia are awake and mad. Mad at Talia for pricking her finger in the first place, and mad at Jack for intruding on the castle and disrespecting the princess. 
Talia and Jack decide to sneak off in the night and escape to Florida. Jack could care less about her, and she doesn't care much for him, but she won't leave him alone because she is sure he is destined to be her true love. Talia isn't used to anything from the modern world, so it's funny to have her catch up to all the newness throughout the adventure.
I liked the challenges that Jack has to face in order to save Talia. 

I would've given this 5 stars if it weren't for the inappropriateness at the party. Anyone who reads this should skip the whole party. Here's a summary of what you'll miss: Beer, scantily clad young women, Jell-o shots, grossness that involves pants, french kissing, drowning. Once you pass the drowning, you're good. 
All in all this is a good book. It's super cheesy, but that's alright. 



1 comment:

  1. I would love to read this book because I do love the sleeping beauty aspect of it! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...