Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Review: The Tale of Despereaux

"Welcome to the story of Despereaux Tilling, a mouse who is in love with music, stories, and a princess named Pea. It is also the story of a rat called Roscuro, who lives in the darkness and covets a world filled with light. And it is the story of Miggery Sow, a slow-witted serving girl who harbors a simple, impossible wish. These three characters are about to embark on a journey that will lead them down into a horrible dungeon, up into a glittering castle, and, ultimately, into each other’s lives. What happens then? As Kate DiCamillo would say: Reader, it is your destiny to find out." (from book website)

I didn't love this book, but it was alright. I got the audiobook because it gives me more time to read other books, so it's possible that I missed out on some small detail that make it 5 star worthy. I know the movie, so I compared it to that. It was pretty similar. I liked how this included more of Mig's back story. I found the characters enjoyable enough. I'm not sure what else there is to say. I'm still new to book reviewing, so hopefully my reviews will become better as I continue this blog. Also I've had a super busy week in between now and when I read this book so things are fading from my mind as I type.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...