Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Favorite Line
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live ~Albus Dumbledore, page 214

I’ve always liked this quote. I believe it’s completely true. As much as I love dreaming of the future, my life that I’m living right now is more important because if I only plan for the future and don’t live in the present, then when my future becomes the present, then all my planning won’t matter.

Favorite Chapter
Chapter Six: The journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters

This is when Harry meets Ron & Hermione. I love the moment when they first meet each other. You can tell that they’ll be best friends for life.

Favorite Character
Hagrid

He’s such a kind person. He’s like a little kid, and a grandpa, and a favorite teacher, and an uncle, and a best friend all wrapped up in one 10 foot tall package.

Random Facts
Harry buys the book One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, but later in the book it says Harry looked up 'dittany' in One Hundred Magical Herbs and Fungi.

In the Spanish translations of the Harry Potter books, Neville Longbottom's toad, Trevor, has been translated as a turtle instead of a toad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...