Monday, June 6, 2011

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Wow! This is such a great book. The first 3 books have a completely different feeling then the last 3. This one is stuck in the middle and is all it own. In the first 3, Harry is still young, new to the Wizarding World, and doesn't know his Destiny to defeat Voldemort. In the last 3, Voldemort is getting stronger, Harry is more mature, and he knows that he needs to be the one to destroy Voldemort. It seems like there's a lot missing to explain how so much can change. That's where book 4 comes in. 

I think the Triwizard Tournament sounds like something fun to watch, but not so much to compete in. In a way, it reminds me of The Hunger Games. You don't have any help. You have nothing but your brains and skill to get you through. It's very likely you'll die.
JK Rowling is a genius for coming up with all the clues and hints. I vaguely remember the first time it was read to me. I had no idea what would happen next. It kept me on my overly excitable toes. 

I loved all the pensive stuff! I will remind everyone again that I LOVE flashbacks! It adds more pieces to the puzzle. 
I thought all the foreign characters were strange. They seem a bit like caricatures of who they would be in real life. 
The cover is really creative, too. I like how it incorporates all 3 tasks with the Horntail, the Egg, and  the maze in the background. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...