Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book vs Movie: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

***BEWARE! THIS IS A VERY LONG, BORING THINGY THAT CONTAINS MANY THINGS THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK AND WATCHED THE MOVIE, THEN DON’T READ THIS! JUST SKIP TO THE END!***


Where do I start!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
This is where the movies start going downhill.
To keep my thoughts organized, I’ll go from start to finish instead of just picking random stuff.
So, I have to admit I like the opening scene with Frank Bryce. I thought it was okay.
They dropped the whole Weasley’s-picking-Harry-up-from-the-Dursley’s scene. I love that whole scene. Well, really, I love anything involving the Dursley’s.
The World Cup. I wish they’d done a bit more. even if it had just 2 more minutes of them exploring the campsite. And they don’t show any of the actual Quidditch Match besides the fancy flying in the beginning. I love watching Quidditch! It isn’t in the movies a lot after #2.
I totally forgot about Ludo Bagman! I love him, and the just abandoned him. He is an important part of some subplots in the book that they dropped.  
The Dark Mark scene is one of the coolest scenes in the book, especially after it’s explained at the end of the book. There’s no Winky in the movie D=
I didn’t like how the foreign students arrived right at the beginning of the year.
I didn’t like Krum very much, but I must admit I thought Robert Pattinson was HOT as Cedric; it’s just wrong to see him as a vampire now (which is one of many reasons I haven’t seen the Twilight movies).
I LOVE Brendan Gleeson as Moody. Love, Love, Love, Love, LOVE!!!!!!!!
I also really like Rita Skeeter!
The first task is okay. It’s the best out of the 3. I didn’t imagine the Horntail to look at all like it did in the movie.
The Yule Ball! I’d love to go to a MAGICAL PROM! I think it was done justice in the movie.
I guess the 2nd task was okay; it couldv’e been a lot better, but it also couldv’e been a lot worse. What I hate is that there’s NO DOBBY! I love that dude, but the crazy people behind Harry Potter wanted to remove him and replace him with Neville. I thought that it was Neville was able to play the role well enough.
And speaking of Dobby, there’s no SPEW! D= Come on! SPEW is the gluey awesomeness that keeps the world of Goblet of Fire running smoothly (not that it ever was running smoothly in the first place).
Now onto the 3rd task! I HATED the maze! They got rid of all the creatures and puzzles and stuff, and they decided to make the hedges attack the champions instead of some good old Blast-Ended Skrewts.
Another character I love is Voldemort! I loved Ralph Fiennes. He’s an amazing actor. This is definetly another favorite scene.
NOW, onto the worst part!
The interrogation. In my opinion it’s a waste of veritasirum. They ask where Moody is. That’s it. No backstory D;
No explanation for anything, and after that’s all over, we never learn what happens to Barty Crouch Jr. 


***If you were smart, then you skipped over all that stuff!***
Overall, I think they changed too much stuff from the book. I think most of the new actors are amazing. I wish there was some SPEW involved. Yada, yada, yada.........




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...