Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Book vs Movie: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter is amazing (as always)!
This is my 3rd favorite movie, behind Deathly Hallows and Chamber of Secrets which tie for 1st.
This is the favorite movie of everyone I'm related to. They say it's because this is when they were the best actors because they've been doing it for a while, but it hasn't gotten to there heads yet.
I agree with that, but I still love Chamber of Secrets more!
I think the reason I don't like this as much is because it has a different feeling than the first 2 movies. There's a new director, the setting's different, and they replaced Dumbledore (I understand that Richard Harris died and everything, but Michael Gambon just isn't doing it for me!)
Lupin seems like such an amazing teacher and friend. I think the Marauder's are portrayed so well in the movie.
I feel I can relate to the characters in the books more than in the movies.  They're still amazing in the movie, but I feel closer to them in the book. 

I love how the book has more Divination classes. They are so fun to read/listen to, and I wish they'd incorporated more of the funny stuff into the movie. 
I wished they'd share more of the background information about Sirius in the movie, but they add the most important stuff, and I guess they decided that's all they needed. 
I think Buckbeak is amazing in the movie. He looks so realistic, and not like some weird robot/CG creature. 
The Marauder's Map looks really cool in the movie! The one that they sell for $35 is really lame compared to the one in the movie and MINE

Now I'm just talking about the little details, because I can't make up my mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...