Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (5)

Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

I love reading book reviews (sometimes). If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you can see the list of my favorite blogs. My absolute favorites out of all these are Squeaky Books, A Backwards Story, and Books From Bleh to Basically Amazing.  These are the people whose opinion I trust. 
I'll read other book reviews if I've already heard of the book and might be considering it, but honestly, most times I don't. This sometimes makes me feel bad, though. I write book reviews and I always hope people are reading them. I don't want people to just skip over the reviews I think are pure genius. (SO READ MY REVIEWS!)
Reviews don't affect my habits that much. If I like a review, the book might land on the bottom of my to-read list. I might not get to read it for 10 years. I don't really buy books. Book stores are overpriced, and I don't have a credit card D= so I can't buy online. Whenever I buy stuff online, I use gift cards. All my gift cards have been used up now. I still have 8 months left until my birthday, and friends don't randomly walk up to me and hand me a $25 B&N gift card every other day. 
The bottom line is, I don't buy books unless I KNOW they'll be good so they're worth the money.


3 comments:

  1. Great answer! I love these and getting to know other bloggers.

    Here is my BTT Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good answer.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should cut down my book buying a be more like you - only buy books that I know are good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-20.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...