Thursday, June 9, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (6)

All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?

It depends. If I like it, then I want to own it. If I don't like it, then I never want to see it again. 
I'm not very much of a re-reading person. I do re-read stuff every once in a while, but not often enough that I need to own anything. 
I don't mind borrowing books. I obsess about keeping the books I own like new. If it's from a friend, then I take really good care of it. If it's a library book, then I still take care of it, but I don't mind placing it on a not completely flat surface or dog-earing it. 
I can usually tell if I'll like a book before I ever open it, so that helps me with picking what to buy and what to borrow. 

Overall, I prefer borrowing books, unless I can tell that I'll really love it.

4 comments:

  1. I mostly borrow books, but I buy those I really like ( because I do reread).

    My BTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for selective hoarding. I already own more than 2500 books!


    Here is my BTT: Own or Borrow post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a big re-reader so I like to own my books. But borrowed or owned I always treat books well.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about the library! Thanks for the comment (your my first!) and the button grab!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...