Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spring Into Summer Updates 2.0

UPDATE #11
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 485
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:5 (my last update was about 10 minutes ago)
  • Last Line Read: "Am I really that ssstrange looking?"
  • Total time read: 11.5 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I need to hurry!

*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  67.92452830188787% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #11 
 If you could live in the world of one book, which would it be and why?
 I'm thinking Frell and Ayortha from Ella Enchanted and Fairest. 
Seems like it would be an interesting place to live in.

 
~~~


 UPDATE #10
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 481
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:48
  • Last Line Read: "Are you Alan McDonald"
  • Total time read: 11.5 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: The Sith chose a bad day to take revenge in my house! They're too distracting!

*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  67.92452830188785% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #10  
Tell me, what is the funniest/most inspiring thing you have read so far in the read-a-thon?

GOSH! 
All of Ella Enchanted is inspiring to me. I guess the "moral" of it is that anyone can rise above their challenges. I always take away something new from it when I read it.  

~~~ 

 UPDATE #9
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 433
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:49
  • Last Line Read: Then she would decide.
  • Total time read: 11 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I've been doing better. 
I hope to finish Snow & The Witch of Blackbird Pond in the next 2-4 hours, and I'll at least start another book!

*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  67.92452830188785% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #9
Create an anagram of your name/pseudonym
Debz Bookshelf's anagram name is:

Debz was too short to use! 


~~~

 UPDATE #8
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 384
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:16
  • Last Line Read: Eventually she fell asleep, sitting up.
  • Total time read: 9 1/2 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I need to back away from the computer!
*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  67.92452830188785% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #8

If you had bookshelves FULL of all of your favorite books, how would you organize them?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................
Probably alphabetically by authors last name. 
I KNOW I'M BORING! 
If that wasn't an option, then possibly by cover color, all time favorites, or titles Z-A!

~~~

 UPDATE #7
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 368
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:53
  • Last Line Read: Snow woke up late the next day
  • Total time read: 9 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm reading more than yesterday, but I'm still really behind
*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  67.92452830188679% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #7 

Name one book you think should be taught in school, grade of your choice
 If you've heard much about me, then you know I'm a homeschooled teenager. I have never gone to a high school English class in my life, so this is somewhat more challenging for me. 

After thinking about this for too long, I turned to the Books of Bayern. Shannon Hale's writing is stunning, and there are lots of different elements in the books that I think would be interesting to discuss with a group. 
As for the grade level, probably 6th grade and up, though I think they're books that become better as you mature.  

~~~

UPDATE #6
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 315
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Last Line Read: Jessica's life was coming to an end
  • Total time read: 7 1/2 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I am READY!
*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  51.69811320754717% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #6
Put two characters from different series together (romantically or otherwise) and describe why they would be good together.

  I had to think for a while. Then I decided on Rose from East and Creel from Dragon Slippers.
They both have adventurous spirits, and have awesome magical creatures as friends. I think they'd get along fairly well. I can tell they wouldn't get along all the time, but the best of friends fight sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Dragon Slippers, but I DID read East, and Rose was a wonderful character. I'm thinking of getting the Books of Bayern for my daughter soon .. thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just noticed you were following my blgo so I thought I'd stop by and say "yo" and return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...