Friday, June 17, 2011

SiS UPDATES

 UPDATE #5
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 166
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 20
  • Last Line Read: Hattie would be my sister!
  • Total time read: 4 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I would've read more if it weren't dinner time and movie night over at my house.
*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  28.30188679245283% through it.

MINI CHALLENGE #5
  aLmYbNeNr & Alexa got it right! It was Book of a Thousand Days!
~

create a complete sentence using ONLY book titles














JUST ONE WISH ENTWINED PRINCESS BEN


I know it sucks, but I wanted to use books I'd heard of before!

~~~

 UPDATE #4
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 146
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:10
  • Last Line Read: Lucinda whirled on me.
  • Total time read: 3 3/4 hours 
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm not sure. I need to read more so I can say I feel tired from reading.
*NOTE: I'm also listening to an audiobook of The Witch of Blackbird Pond during the Read-a-Thon. I'm currently  22.64150943396226% through it.
    MINI CHALLENGE #4

    These 3 pictures spell out a title of one of my favorite books! Any guesses? 
    (I bet Enna Isilee would be able to guess it like that!)
     


     ~~~

     I'm only posting this an HOUR late because of some craziness involving Tai Kwon Do, a falling ceiling fan, and a milkshake!

    UPDATE #3
    • Total Books Read: 0
    • Total Pages Read: 136
    • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
    • Pages Read since last update:61
    • Last Line Read: Soon I might be free.
    • Total time read: 3 1/2 hours 
    • How I'm currently feeling: I'm considering locking myself in my room and not eating dinner until I'm done! (It's dinner time here, and I haven't eaten in almost 6 hours)
    MINI CHALLENGE #3


     There once was a Goat named Kammu. He resided on the top of Mount Faakin. No one bothered to travel up there besides the strange shaman man who came every blue moon.
    The man grew fond of Kammu after several visits, and decided to start bringing treats. they included some apples, kiwis, and limes.
    One evening the man and the goat were laying on the soft grass, staring at the full blue moon, when a laser came shooting out of the sky and lifted up Kammu & the limes he'd been snacking on!
    He was never seen or heard from again!


    EXACTLY 100 WORDS!

    ~~~

    UPDATE #2
    • Total Books Read: 0
    • Total Pages Read: 71
    • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
    • Pages Read since last update: 19
    • Last Line Read: But Olive didn't hush until the coachman stopped the carriage, came inside with us, and slapped her smartly across the face.
    • Total time read: 2 hours 
    • How I'm currently feeling: Like I need to read more! 
    MINI CHALLENGE #2
    BEHOLD! MY WORDLE!
    ~~~

     UPDATE #1
    • Total Books Read: 0
    • Total Pages Read: 52
    • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
    • Pages Read since last update: 52
    • Last Line Read: I saw nothing, except that leering face, looming closer and closer.
    • Total time read: 80 minutes
    • How I'm currently feeling: Like I need to read more!

    My explanation for why I'm a slow reader. I have 5 very loud siblings! Enough said.

    MINI CHALLENGE #1
    favorite and least favorite movie adaptation of a book

    HARRY POTTER LIST
    FAVORITES
    Chamber of Secrets & Deathly Hallows

     LEAST FAVORITES
    Order of the Phoenix & Half Blood Prince

    For my extremely long explanations, stay tuned for my Book vs Movie feature I'm doing with each Harry Potter movie.

    OTHER LIST
    FAVORITES
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but I think the new one is better and sticks to the book more. My family members hate it, but none of them have ever read the book!

    The Wizard of Oz
    Who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz? I remember when I was 4 or 5 I used to think "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" should be the National Anthem. It's so colorful and magical!

    LEAST FAVORITES
    Ella Enchanted
    Ella! I love you! I'm reading you for the umpteenth time! You were done wrong in the movie! It sucked. They gave you a talking book and the antagonist was a freaky uncle/king! I used to think it was great, but then I read the book!

    Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief
    Again, I saw the movie before I read the book. I actually really liked it! A couple days after I saw it, I bought the book. I thought it was okay, but honestly, I don't care for Rick Riordan's writing! The book and movie are too different!



    4 comments:

    1. I think I suck at guessing these! Is it Infinite Days? Sorry! I don't know!!

      Also, I LOVE your story!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have no clue...I was going to say Book 1000 days lol!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm going to say Book of a Thousand Days. Hope you are enjoying the read-a-thon.

      ReplyDelete
    4. First of all, bonus points for having your puzzle be a Shannon Hale book. And MORE bonus points for having your sentence be only books you know! That's what I did, and it made it a lot harder, but I was really proud of my sentence, and I LOVE yours!

      Thanks for participating!

      ReplyDelete

    I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

    This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...