Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Review: Film Wizardry

You can tell Film Wizardry is bursting with magic before you even open it! It's full of the secrets of behind the screen. It has tons of stories from the cast and crew, and includes lots of photos and concept art that have never been seen before! It also has some props in it, that could be pulled out of pockets. These props include a Yule Ball program, the "Educational Decrees", and the Marauder's Map (which is very lame compared to mine!)
It really made me appreciate the movies more, and also understand why they cut out some of my favorite parts in the book (though I still don't understand why they couldn't have 3 minutes where they talk about house elves in GoF...)
The whole design of the book was great. It looked like a scrapbook! It was all designed by the Harry Potter graphic designers so it felt familiar and "matched" the movies (sort of).
It was definitely worth the $40 that were spent on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...