Monday, July 4, 2011

Book Review: The Witch of Blackbird Pond


Kit has moved from her home in Barbados to live with her relatives in Connecticut. She doesn’t particularly like it there with the strict and narrow minded Puritans. Her high spirits can’t stand it!
She makes friends with Hannah, the “Witch” of Blackbird Pond, who is no more than a kind old lady; and Prudence, a young girl whose mother thinks her dull and slow witted, but is actually very intelligent and bright.
When people suspect her of witchcraft, she must prove Hannah and herself innocent.

The characters were enjoyable. I wanted to be there with Kit and Hannah and Prudence at Blackbird Pond. I thought Kit seemed a bit stubborn and proud, but those added to the strong character she was.   
I thought the story was interesting. I don’t lean towards historical fiction very often, but I should! It makes history more interesting. 
 There were some parts that seemed confusing, but overall, I enjoyed it.

This book was read as part of the Award Winning Reads Challenge 

button1






1 comment:

  1. After *having* to read this book in school, I bought my own copy and read it so many times that I literally had to tape the book back together! I think I liked the romantic elements the best :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...