Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book vs Movie: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

This movie, although it is missing so much awesomeness present in the books, it makes up for it in acting. I think this movie has the best overall acting. It was missing some things I really wanted to see, but still, you’ve got to love Luna and Umbridge!
The thing I wanted to see the most was the Department of Mysteries with all the strange rooms and stuff, and it’s all missing! How could they?!?!?!?!
While reading “Film Wizardry” I’ve come to understand why the creators of the films have changed it so much from the original story. Apparently they want it to focus just on Harry, so anything that wasn’t needed and didn’t focus on Harry’s journey was tossed out the window.
I thought the special effects were spectacular, especially the thestrals and WWW fireworks!
I also thought it was creative to give Umbridge her own little “Theme Song” (sort of). And if you pay close attention, you’ll notice that her clothing keeps becoming darker shades of pink as the story progresses!
Evanna Lynch is the perfect Luna! Better than even Jim Dale! She captures the mysterious aura and lunacy, and yet makes her seem kind and approachable.
Sirius and Harry’s relationship is wonderful to watch develop throughout the movie! I don’t think Sirius could ever be a “father” to Harry, but definitely a kind, protective, fun, close uncle.
At one point, I thought 4, 5, and 6 were horrible movies, but since then I've learned to appreciate them for what they are!

but only because they cut out 500 pages worth of pure awesomeness!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...