Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review: Bella at Midnight


Bella has grown up a blacksmith’s daughter, and best friend of Prince Julian. She has a very wild imagination, but never wild enough to think she could be the daughter of a Knight!
Her whole life is thrown upside down when her Auntie Maud shows up to take her back to her real father, who has recently remarried. Her new life isn’t a happy one. Her new family hates her, and so she spends most of her time in the kitchen away from them.
But when her stepsister Marianne reveals secret information from the palace that may put Julian in danger, she leaves on an exciting journey that, along with gifts from her stepsister Alice and her Auntie Maud, will change her life forever!

This book was charming! It didn't seem like just another Cinderella retelling. In fact, if I hadn't known it was supposed to be a retelling, I never would've known! It has lots of similarities to the original tale, but it has enough new story to disguise the old. 
I thought the writing was clever. It fit the story it was trying to tell. I thought it was very descriptive. I could imagine what everyone and everything looked like very clearly. 
From the first chapter I could guess what the ending would be, but it was still a wonderful, exciting ending. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...