Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Review: Charlotte's Web

Wilbur was the runt of the litter, and no one thought he’d measure up to anything, except Fern. After Wilbur’s 2 weeks old, he goes to live on Mr. Zuckerman’s farm. He feels so alone, until he finds a new friend in a creature you’d never think to befriend; a spider!
Charlotte isn’t what you’d expect of a spider. She’s very kind and intelligent. She and Wilbur get along well. When she finds out that Zuckerman is planning on killing Wilbur in the coming winter, she vows to do her best to save Wilbur’s life.
So she makes a miracle. 
She writes the words “Some Pig”, “Terrific”, and “Radiant” in her web, each time astounding everyone. The world is convinced that it’s a sign sent from above, and nobody ever thinks to suspect Charlotte.

I love reading childhood classics. Adult classics are good, too, but there’s nothing like a children’s book!
I think this book is so amazing if you think about it. It’s just a simple little book for kids, but it’s also a book full of adult themes like fear, change, love, and loss.
The story is beautifully woven together, and definitely qualifies as a timeless classic for me!

This book was read as part of the Award Winning Reads Challenge 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...