Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book Review: Because of Winn-Dixie


When India Opal moved to a new place, she didn’t have a single friend. Then she met Winn Dixie, a peculiar stray dog who’s looking for the same thing as Opal: a friend. Winn Dixie helps Opal find more friends in the strangest of places; from church, to the witches house, to the library, to the pet store!
Opal likes to collect stories, and finds many great stories hidden in the hearts of her new friends.

This book was so short and simple and sweet. The writing was beautiful and descriptive. It fit the story well. All the characters we’re enjoyable to read about.
Another thing I loved about this book was all the stories. During my Harry Potter challenge, you heard about how much I love back stories, and this is practically bursting with them!
I can most definitely see why this won the Newbery Honor award! It deserved it!

This book was read as part of the Award Winning Reads Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...