Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blogger Interview: Bonnie from A Backwards Story


 Today I have Bonnie from A Backwards Story! I was so excited to see that she'd signed up for an interview! She's one of my "buddies" from when I first started my blog.

In case you aren't familiar with this fabulous blogger,  here's a bit about her:
Main Entry: bon·nie
Pronunciation: \ˈbä-nē\
Function: female
Etymology: Scottish, English; perhaps derived from the French word "bon," meaning good or nice.
A bonny lass enjoys singing at the top of her lungs, meandering her way through telling the stories of the characters living inside her head, eating strawberries, tinkering around in Photoshop, catching fireflies for the sheer joy of letting them go again, and getting lost in a good book. 


Why did you start your blog?
I started A Backwards Story because my friends always asked me what I was reading.  Whether than say the same thing over and over, I started posting reviews on my personal blog, then moved it to something more public so I could share it with everyone who asked.  Plus, someday I’d like to be a published writer, and it would be nice to share books I’ve enjoyed with anyone who wants a good recommendation!
Where did the name of your blog come from?
At one time, LiveJournal decided to start recycling old usernames that weren’t being used if you paid $15 for a name change.  I was randomly scrolling through the list to see what people had come up with and saw someone who had chosen A Backwards Movie.  The concept of it being in reverse intrigued me—even moreso if it was a book!  So when I was trying to come up with a name for my book review blog, that moment came back to me.
If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring?
Just three?  Well, my top three all-time favorite books are MY SISTER’S KEEPER by Jodi Picoult, KEEPING FAITH by Jodi Picoult, and THE THIRTEENTH TALE by Diane Setterfield, buuuuut it would probably be better to bring three big anthologies or “complete works” books so that I had more to read.  Could one of those be a Complete Works by Jodi Picoult? O:-)  No?  Well, at the very least I need to bring along the complete Hans Christian Andersen and the complete Brothers Grimm!  I have the beautiful leather-bound, gold-gilded versions sold by B&N!
 What are you doing when you aren’t reading or blogging?
I haven’t lately, but I write a lot.  I would love to be querying my own fairy tale manuscript by the end of the year.  I also love to fool around and make things in Adobe Photoshop.  And music!  I love to listen to music…or go to the theatre and see a musical!  I don’t watch a lot of TV, but there are a few shows I’ll be tuning into this season such as GLEE, ONCE UPON A TIME, and RINGER.  Other than that, I work or spend time with other people.  I’m pretty boring, really!

What are 3 words that describe your personality?
Creative – For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a world of my own that I could slip into at will.  I don’t know who I’d be without this. 
Addictive – I’m constantly finding something new to love…and passing that love on to anyone who will listen to me blather on! (Then again, maybe that’s a part of my OCD…lol!)
Innovative – I’m good at coming up with solutions and problem-solving.  I can usually find a way out when there previously wasn’t one or come up with a good concept that works.  And sometimes, I can use weird things in surprisingly good ways!
If you had to pick one author to meet, who would it be?
You would THINK I’m about to say Jodi Picoult… But I’ve already met her.  Erhm, twice.  So for meeting somebody for the first time… That’s tough!  There are a lot of authors I’d like to meet.  Right now, I’d really like to meet Victoria Schwab (THE NEAR WITCH) because I love reading her blog and talking to her on Twitter.  She’s such a nice, sweet, genuine person and I really think we’d be friends if we lived near one another IRL!
What’s your favorite fairy tale?
Can I choose three?  Because I can’t choose between THE TWELVE DANCING PRINCESSES, THE SNOW QUEEN, and THE LITTLE MERMAID!  They all have something fantastically unique about them that’s impossible to resist! And I love all the retellings, too!
How old were you when you learned to read?
I honestly don’t remember.  But I know that I was reading BSC and SWEET VALLEY in first or second grade and entering the summer reading contest—and winning in my grade—each summer.  So pretty early, I guess!
How many books do you read in a week?
It varies.  Sometimes I only read one or two books a week!  Other weeks, I can read a book a day…or more if it’s a shortie!  But on average…maybe 2-5?
What’s the first book you remember reading?
I’ve been told that my favorite book was ARE YOU MY MOTHER? by Dr. Seuss.  I apparently knew the words by heart and would yell at my dad if he ever deviated or skipped a word!
Red, Yellow, or Blue?
No purple? That’s red AND blue…  Well, my second-favorite color’s blue, so…
White, Milk, or Dark Chocolate?
Dark Chocolate.  But even better is if it’s chocolate with PEANUT BUTTER. 
Harry Potter, Twilight, or Hunger Games?
I like HARRY POTTER and THE HUNGER GAMES on very different levels from one another and can’t really compare them.  I love them both for what they are in their own ways!
Fantasy, Romance, or Historical Fiction?
Fantasy!  Mermaids and dashing knights and demi-gods, oh my!
Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, or Broccoli?
Broccoli is my favorite vegetable EVER and I have to eat it at least 2-3 times a week!  Especially if it’s in chicken fettuccini alfredo.  YUM!

Thanks, once again, to Bonnie! She and I have A LOT in common! This was so much fun! I hope to have more bloggers to interview soon!

 Click HERE to let me know if you want to be interviewed!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me, Debz! This interview was so much fun!!

    I posted a link here: http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com/2011/09/backwards-story-interviewed-over-at.html

    And will tweet it around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This interview was very nice. I like your blog a lot. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun interview! I always enjoy getting to know my favorite bloggers more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAME- Blogger ate my comment. :( Sad face.

    BUT- This interview made me happy! :) How awesome- getting to know more about my fairy tale soul twin! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...