Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Review: Bridge to Terabithia


Terabithia is a magical land that is ruled by King Jess and Queen Leslie. But once they step outside of Terabithia, they are no longer King and Queen, they are just Jess and Leslie; two kids who were both in need of a friend, and found each other.
Jess comes from a poor family and is the only boy among 4 girls. Leslie is an only child whose parents are both very rich, and moved out to the country to spend quality time with her.
Together they build their kingdom through friendship, and enjoy many adventures in and out of Terabithia!

I loved this book! It was familiar, not only because I’d seen the movie, but because when I was younger, my best friend and I created our own not-quite-a-kingdom that existed in the small playground next to our apartment complex.
The characters were very real in such a way that I cried at the ending, even though I knew fully what to expect. The dialogue was light and simple, and helped tell the story beautifully. Every bit of the story was lovely! 

This book was read as part of the Award Winning Reading Challenge


button1




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...