Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Review: Goose Chase

Alexandria never thought that being nice to an old lady would result in all it did. First she becomes drop dead gorgeous, which leads to a king and a prince locking her up and a tower and fighting over her hand in marriage. Thankfully, her 12 geese come and rescue her, but then her problems really start...

This was such a fun little book! It's the perfect example of a real fairy tale. Something exciting happens in the beginning, only to be followed by much misery and woe until finally the heroine reaches a happily ever after. But it remains utterly charming throughout all the struggles she faces!

All the characters were unique and wonderful to read about. I particularly enjoyed the character Alexandria's hair became! I never thought about how hair might have a personality! 

The ending was particularly surprising and fun to read! It takes a true genius to weave together that kind of end to a fairy tale!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...