Monday, December 19, 2011

Fairy Tales Retold Challenge

Anyone whose read my blog before knows how much I adore fairy tales. I grew up being surrounded by fairy tales, and I completely adore retellings. They expand upon details your heart has been aching to know about. They explain why characters act as they do, and they add unique twists that make you adore (or loathe) the stories even more.
 
I've been searching around the blogosphere for a fairy tale challenge, but I haven't found one, so I decided to take it into my own hands and come up with my own fairy tale challenge. The only real rule is to have fun with fairy tales, but here are some other things that would be nice to know:

Basics
It goes from January 1st 2012 to December 31st 2012
To sign up, use the form at the end of this post!
You can sign up any time from now until June-ish
I would love you forever if you would follow me, and if you're interested in fairy tales, then you'd probably find my blog interesting anyway!

What Counts
Any retelling at all, or original fairy tales. When I say original fairy tales, I mean books that include many elements of many fairy tales, but aren't actually based on any fairy tales. Some examples are The Princess Bride by William Goldman or Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (BEST BOOK EVER!) Basically a book that should have a fairy tale based on it, but it's too late for it to be the other way around.

Participating
All you need is a desire to read fairy tales, and preferably a way to post reviews. Whether it be a blog, Goodreads, or Amazon, it doesn't matter.

Levels
3 books - Peasant
6 books - Fairy
9 Books - Witch
12 books - Princess
15 books - Dragon
I'm going for Dragon level, and I'll probably end up reading way more than 15 anyway.

Posting Reviews
At the end of each month I'll have a link-up post for any reviews you've done that month. No one is required to post reviews, I just want to see what you think!
 
So go ahead and sign up! If you have any more questions, let me know!


8 comments:

  1. So excited about this challenge! I love retellings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairy tales! I am signed up:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2011/12/2012-fairy-tales-retold-challenge.html

    Thanks for hosting the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed up. This challenge looks amazing and I can't wait to get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fantastic challenge! I made my sign up post here: http://www.stella-exlibris.com/2012/01/reading-challenge-fairy-tales-retold.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun challenge! Looking forward to it.

    http://thecallawayfam.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenges-2012-fairy-tales-retold.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just signed up. I'm doing this challenge along with a similar challenge that I'm already doing.

    http://tattletaletoys.blogspot.com/2012/02/fairy-tales-retold-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This challenge is going to be so much fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. im sorry i MIGHT have signed up twice lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...