Thursday, January 5, 2012

Book Review: Crossed



In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

This book was really slow paced, but it fit the story well. I just wish it hadn't been so slow paced so I would've finished it faster. I fell in love with the whole new cast of characters, and I fell into a whole new kind of love with the old characters. All their relationships with one another were complex and realistic.
The setting was stunning. I could picture everything so clearly in my mind. Every detail added another brush stroke to the picture I was painting in my mind.
Of course the writing was perfect. Ally Condie is a writing genius. I cannot praise her enough. Her writing is so lovely that I can't get enough of it! Hand me book 3 please!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...