Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Review: Tuesdays at the Castle



Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom. This delightful book from a fan- and bookseller-favorite kicks off a brand-new series sure to become a modern classic.

The first time I heard about this book I was clicking around on Jessica's blog. Bloomsbury described it as a combination of Home Alone and the Room of Requirement. That's exactly what the castle felt like! When the bad guys showed up, the castle provided everything Celie and her family needed to fight back!

There was such a wonderful cast of characters. The villains were villainous, and the heroes were heroic. Although this story is told from Celie's point of view, it isn't just Celie's story. It's the story of how she, her family, and her friends work together to save the castle and the kingdom.

The writing was fantastic (as always). The words flowed so clearly and wove together a wonderful adventure that's completely unforgettable.

You could definitely tell Tuesdays is aimed at a younger audience, but it's the kind of story that anybody can enjoy. You could be 5 or 19 or 72 or anywhere in between!

If I had to come up with one complaint, it would be that I wish it was longer because I wanted to spend more time with all the lovely characters. Luckily, I heard there are 2 more books coming. Until then, I'll just have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...