Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 11 of '11


I admit I kind of stole this idea from Squeaky Books, but cool ideas are meant to be shared!
Here's a list of the top 11 books I've read in 2011:


11. Heist Society 
This was a quick read. It was very light and humorous, but at the same time managed to remain serious and adventurous.

10. Tuesdays at the Castle 
I've added this to my shelf of favorite Jessica Day George books, along with her 6 other books. I first became interested in this when I heard it was kind of a combination of Home Along and HOGWARTS! How epic is that?

9. My Fair Godmother
I love Janette Rallison and her books! Her My Fair Godmother books remain my favorites because she takes all her loveliness and ties it into fairy tales.

8. Kat, Incorrigible
I just finished this last night, and I knew I needed to include it in this list. Magic and Mystery are woven together in a charming tale that takes place in 19th century England.

7. Crossed
This sequel to Matched was even more poetic than the first. Although this book was very slow-paced, it still managed to have lots of adventure.

6. A Curse Dark as Gold
Such an interesting take on the tale of Rumpelstiltskin. Lovely, complex characters and an intriguing plot.

5. Princess of Glass
I must say I enjoyed this one more than Princess of the Midnight Ball! It takes a unique spin on the classic and overly retold tale of Cinderella, this time told from an outer perspective.

4. Divergent
This is a pretty popular book, especially among the book blogger community. I found it an exciting adventure that left me on the edge of my seat!

3. Matched

Such a poetic masterpiece. The whole book was stunning. I simply cannot praise it enough!

2. Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow
Think Beauty and the Beast, but frozen. This retelling of East O' the Sun, West O' the Moon is a work of art. It is so close to the original tale, and yet contains plot twists I never could've expected. More than earned it's way to the #2 spot. Almost made it to #1, but nothing can beat...

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy

 Of course. Before I read the first book, I had no clue what it was about. It just sounded weird and stupid. Once I read it, I couldn't wait for more. Definitely one of the best book series ever!

While compiling this list, I realized that I still have a dozen reviews to write! So, this week I'll be having a write-a-thon so I can catch up on these reviews. Expect to see at least a review a day. If you don't, please pester me into writing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...