Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Review: Entwined




Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

This book was just so...lush. It was so soft and smooth and clear and just perfect! I love historical fantasy, when a completely fantastical adventure is placed in an actual time and place. This book takes place sometime in the Victorian Era, and captures that world so beautifully.
I have to say my favorite character was Lord Teddy. I want my own Lord Teddy! He was so kind and funny and loyal and caring and smart and just an all around amazing guy! Mr. Bradford was great, too, but no one can replace Lord Teddy!
This is the first retelling of the 12 dancing princesses where I could keep all the princesses straight, because of their uniquely lovely names. Some of the middle ones personalities got jumbled in my brain, but most of the times I could sort them out.
The writing was flawless. It vividly brought to life this fairy tale in a whole new way.
This is my new favorite retelling of the 12 dancing princesses (and I've read quite a few to compare it to!)
If you enjoy magic, mystery, and romance, then you better start reading this right now!


Read as part of the Fairy Tales Retold Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Glad you loved it! Lord Teddy is simply the best, Bramble and him make such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to check this one out. I'm not familiar with the 12 dancing princess though. *researches*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to add this one to the TBR list - it sounds really good! I love the name Azalea! I mean, I know it's the name of a plant, but it's a cool name for a person, too! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - Lord Teddy was a hoot! And I love how the princesses were all named after flowers - and the passage in the guide book about the "rare flowers".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fairy tale re-tellings, and this one sounds so engaging! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...