Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloggiesta Time!

It’s time for Bloggiesta! Earlier when I signed up I made a to-do list. Since then I’ve revised it, adding the things I forgot about earlier, and removing the things I’ve already done.
image
  • Write April fairy tale discussion post
  • Find a fairy tale guest poster (any takers?)
  • Create March TBR list
  • Work out the kinks of my rating system
  • Finish up Hunger Games movie review
  • Tweak my review policy
  • Clean out and organize Google Reader
  • Use Facebook Page!
  • Get a New Profile Picture
  • Update Bio  
  • COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!
  • Plan Blogoversary Party
  • Get a bookshelf! (I’ve been shelfless for 4 months! All my books have been sitting in giant piles on my dresser!)
  • Add follow buttons (Goodreads, Twitter, RSS, etc...)
  • Update template! (Time for a new background!)
Hopefully I’ll be able to get most of these done. Along with these I have some challenges I’ll be working on throughout Bloggiesta. Here are a few of them:
The Reading Housewives -- Windows Live Writer
I’m currently writing this post using Windows Live Writer and I’m loving it! Here’s a screenshot. It’s like Microsoft Word for bloggers!
image
Squeaky Books –- Policies
I actually updated my review policy about 2 days ago, and I don’t do contests, but I think my review policy can stand a bit more changing! Plus Enna is being extra awesome (as always) and giving away a book!
Book Journey – Commenting
This was one of my goals. Her challenge is to comment on 20 blogs. I’m setting a goal of 50, but I’ll be happy if I can get 20 (=
Katie’s Book Blog – Twitter
Her challenge introduced me to the wonderful tool of dlvr.it that automatically tweets your blog posts so you don’t have to! Genius!
The Reading Fever – Sidebars
I’ve been meaning to clean out my sidebars! Hopefully I’ll be able to get my sidebars all organized!


What are your goals for bloggiesta?

(At the end of each day I'll go through and mark the things I've completed! Check back later!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're loving WLW! I'm going to try and comment lots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'To-Do-List' Planning a blogoversary party, adding buttons, and getting a new background all sound like fun. You have a lot a work ahead of you. You are very ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debz! Happy Bloggiesta! I am participating as well. I love the idea of Windows Live Writer. I didn't know that existed before. Thanks for posting that image. I will definitely be checking out The Reading Housewives post.

    I was just completing my review / wrap-up post for My Fair Book Date and thought maybe you didn't know who chose the book for you. It was me! I'm so happy you loved Cinder. I ended up reading it as well (not for my book date though) and it was a lot of fun. Here is my post. I mentioned you and linked to your review:

    http://oneadayya.blogspot.ca/2012/03/my-fair-book-date-review-and-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Bloggiesta! I wish I had participated this time, but I'll definitely do it next time! Love the new background/theme BTW!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=