Thursday, March 1, 2012

DNF Review: Pure


I really wanted to love this book, but it scared me. A lot. So I used my better judgement and put it down.
The whole idea that the world was detonated and people fused with whatever surrounded them at that moment creeps me out. Maybe that isn't exactly how it worked, but that's what I got from the first 3 chapters that I read. Another part that terrified me was the fact that the detonation apparently happens sometime in our very near future.
The writing was really good and the plot was definitely interesting and promising of some excitement, it just wasn't my kind of book. Just the first 3 chapters left me depressed and scared, and needing something light and fluffy. Janette Rallison, anyone?



1 comment:

  1. Aww, it's okay that you didn't finish this book, Debz! When I read it, I knew that a lot of people would have the same problem as you because of how dark and creepy and not-that-fast-paced it was. x) But I'm really glad that you at least gave it a shot! :)

    And I actually haven't read anything by Janette Rallison before! I might have to look into that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...