Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Wrap-up & IMM & Coming In April

MARCH WRAP-UP
I think this month reading and blogging have felt like chores more than anything. In April I'm going to attempt to manage my time better so I can get the most out of reading and blogging, while still having some sort of life!
READ:
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  • Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgis
REVIEWS:
NONE! I've failed this month :’(
CHALLENGE PROGRESS:
The Hunger Games--Read Dystopia Challenge & Mythology Challenge
Wither—Read Dystopia Challenge
READ-A-LONGS
I fell really behind on the Pride and Prejudice read-a-long because I kept losing my copy and my patience. I will finish it some time, but I think it’s time for a break.
The Hunger Games read-a-long was a flop, just like I knew it would be. I still read the book, but I don’t believe I had any participants, and I didn’t get any of my awesome posts up on the blog.
The only read-a-long I’ve been successful with is the Catch Wither Fever read-a-long. I’ve read Wither, I’m in the middle of writing up a Wither related post or two, and I’m checking all my local libraries for Fever.
BLOGGIESTA
Bloggiesta is going on right now, and I think it’s helped me get back my blogging vibe. You can check out my to-do list right here! As you’ll see, I still have a lot left to do.

IN MY MAILBOX!
100_4398
PURCHASED:
  • The Swan Kingdom by Zoe Marriott
  • Inside (Inside Out & Outside In) by Maria V. Snyder
  • I, Coriander by Sally Gardner
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  • Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
  • To Catch a Prince by Gillian McKnight
  • Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Yep! I blew my budget! I'm basically broke now! Hopefully I'll be able to come up with some money for a blogoversary giveaway of sorts!
100_4397WON:
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Thanks Jacinda!)
I’ve heard that those who liked the Wolves of Mercy Falls series didn’t enjoy this book, and vice versa. As I haven’t read the Wolves of Mercy Falls, hopefully I’ll find this one enjoyable!
GIFTED: image
Deep Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards by Janette Rallison
Well, this was kind of gifted. Janette was doing this thing on her blog, and, well, I ended up with this!
100_4396REVIEW:
  • Casey Barnes Eponymous by E. A. Rigg
  • Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott
I was extremely excited when I saw Shadows on the Moon sitting on the doorstep! My first real ARC! I’m really excited for Casey Barnes as well, but since it’s a self-published eBook, it just can’t bring the same excitement.
 

COMING IN APRIL
TBR LIST
  • Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
  • Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  • Casey Barnes Eponymous by E. A. Rigg
  • Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott
  • A True Princess by Diane Zahler
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
  • Once by Cameron Dokey
  • The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison
  • Stork by Wendy Delsol
  • The Swan Kingdom by Zoe Marriott
I WILL read at least 10 books this month and I won’t let anyone stop me!
FAIRY TALE FORTNIGHT
image
Fairy Tale Fortnight is approaching! I’m so excited! I’ve been stockpiling some fairy tale retellings since the start of this year, and I’m excited to finally be getting to them! I’ll be celebrating on this blog the whole time, with lots of fairy tale reviews, discussion posts, and more!
BLOGOVERSARY
Yep! It’s steadily approaching, and should arrive sometime on Friday the 13th! I’m planning some sort of week-long thing which will include some looks down memory lane, fun games, and possibly a giveaway! I hope to see you there.
Other than that, I don’t think I have much going on in April. And thank goodness for that because I don’t think I could handle much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...