Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pick-Your-Thon Challenge: Cover Makeover!

imageAdmit it. You’ve judged a book by it’s cover before. Don’t be ashamed! That’s the reason books have covers! Who wants to read a book with a boring cover?
Well today, you get to do even more than judge a book by it’s cover, you get to make it a new cover! Your challenge today is to make a new cover for the last book you’ve read.
As an example, I finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver not too long ago.
image
This is what I came up with. I know it isn’t gorgeous, but I feel it’s adequate and fits the mood of the story.



Now it’s your turn! You don’t have to be a Photoshop genius to make a cover! I know I’m not! I’d check out GIMP (free and similar to PS), or you can even use Microsoft Word or Publisher (I did!)
There aren’t really any strict rules, but you might want to take a look at these suggestions:
  • Find an image that suits you
  • Pick a font that YOU like! You can find tons of awesome (and free) fonts online
  • Try to keep with the feel of the book
  • Don’t forget the title and author
  • Make sure you like it! You aren’t trying to sell the book, you’re just having fun giving it a makeover!
After you’ve made your cover, post it on your blog and come back here to link to it!
If you’re having trouble, you can let me know through comment, email, twitter, or however else you can think of!
I look forward to seeing your creations!

(NOTE: There is not a prize associated with this challenge. There was some confusion about that, so I just wanted to clarify)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...