Well today, you get to do even more than judge a book by it’s cover, you get to make it a new cover! Your challenge today is to make a new cover for the last book you’ve read.
As an example, I finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver not too long ago.
This is what I came up with. I know it isn’t gorgeous, but I feel it’s adequate and fits the mood of the story.
Now it’s your turn! You don’t have to be a Photoshop genius to make a cover! I know I’m not! I’d check out GIMP (free and similar to PS), or you can even use Microsoft Word or Publisher (I did!)
There aren’t really any strict rules, but you might want to take a look at these suggestions:
- Find an image that suits you
- Pick a font that YOU like! You can find tons of awesome (and free) fonts online
- Try to keep with the feel of the book
- Don’t forget the title and author
- Make sure you like it! You aren’t trying to sell the book, you’re just having fun giving it a makeover!
If you’re having trouble, you can let me know through comment, email, twitter, or however else you can think of!
I look forward to seeing your creations!
(NOTE: There is not a prize associated with this challenge. There was some confusion about that, so I just wanted to clarify)