Friday, April 13, 2012

A year in review!

imageWow! Has it really been a whole year? It’s so crazy to think about! I started out as someone who just felt like writing about what I read so I wouldn’t forget it, and it’s grown into all this! I knew very little about the blogging world. Like literally nothing! The only book blog I knew of was Squeaky Books, which I found by way of Shannon Hale’s blog.

Through Enna, I found out about Fairy Tale Fortnight, which led me to meeting lots of awesome bloggers! My VERY FIRST COMMENTS were from Misty of the Book Rat and Bonnie of A Backwards Story! I’m so glad I started blogging right as FTF started, and I’m getting pretty stoked for this round of FTF!

After that, I started learning the way of the blogger. I tried out some memes, participated in some fun events, and even tried my hand (and failed) at hosting an event!

Along the way I got to know some pretty cool people!

I wish I could list all the awesome people I’ve met, but that would take all night!

I was hoping to do a post showing off how my blog design has changed, but alas, I didn’t keep any screenshots! How foolish! Luckily, I do still have the banners!

image

image

image

image

And now, here are some fun numbers to show off!

Followers: 53

Page views: 10,161

Posts: 226

Comments: 158

Reviews: 78

And here are some of my most popular posts:

Fairy Tales Retold Challenge

Book Review: Number the Stars

Book vs Movie: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

My Dream Bookshelves!

Book Review: A Tale Dark and Grimm

While I may not have 1000 followers or a zillion page views after a year of hard work, I’m perfectly content with those that I do have! This has been a wonderful journey, and I can’t wait to see what next year brings!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's great you've been blogging for a whole year, though you honestly seemed so pro I thought you had been doing it longer! And thanks so much for mentioning me!

    I think the secret to the participation in our first event (which ended a week ago) is that we emailed some bloggers we thought would be interested and made sure posts were scheduled beforehand. There weren't very many people we hadn't invited who "participated" by answering the survey on writing their own posts on their blogs. It was a lot of fun, though! I'm sure a giveaway like the one Andrea is having for the Wither event would attract people, too. Who doesn't love free stuff? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored that you think I'm a pro, when in fact half the time I have no clue what I'm doing! I was familiar with blogging beforehand though, because my mom made it a "school project" to keep a family blog.

      I learned the hard way with events. I had exactly 2 participants, including myself, and I dropped it after a week. I remember literally begging people to do it. Next time around, I'll be better prepared!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! Happy to have been one of your first commentors (I didn't realize!) and so glad you found Fairy Tale Fortnight and joined us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I remember being so happy that you were another fairy tale fan and sad you had so few followers! I'm not sure if I knew your blog was so new! I'm glad I was one of the first to find you! <3

    I agree: It's quality over quantity for followers. I can count the number of people who steadily comment, but they're always the most thoughtful, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my blog was only a couple days old when I stumbled upon Fairy Tale Fortnight, though I imported some older book reviews from my personal blog, giving the illusion that I'd been around for longer. I remember when you first commented I was practically giddy! When I found your blog plastered with fairy tale goodness, I knew it was the start of a good friendship...

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! I think it's already great having more than 50 followers in a year, your posts are great. I also love fairytales, though I probably read a bit of everything. =] I hope you continue doing your best and enjoy it. Looking forward to the second year reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started out with practically all middle-grade fairy tale books, and in a year I've grown to appreciate a lot of different kinds of books! I'm looking forward to a second year of reviewing and hearing from awesome followers like you!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your first year of blogging Debz! That is quite the accomplishment, you are so well written I thought you had been blogging much longer. Also, I am flattered that you mentioned me, I never thought myself to be in the "cool crowd". Keep up the good work, and here's to many more years in review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you're in the cool crowd! You're the only one who didn't laugh at me when I was crazy enough to host a classics challenge when I'd never read a classic before!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Congrats, congrats, congrats! A whole year! That's awesome! I just hit my 3-month mark myself. Keep up the great work, and thanks again for participating in the Catch Wither Fever Read-Along! And thanks for mentioning me in this post! It's been great getting to know so many cool bloggers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray for 3 months! You seem like a pro compared to me! My first 3 months were...interesting. Thanks again for being a wonderful read-a-long host! We should do something together sometime...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. You managed to review so many books in only one year! I love seeing the change of banners. Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reviewed every single book I've read--quite a feat! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...