Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blogger Interview: Briana @ Pages Unbound

As you may have seen earlier on, I have started up my blogger interviews again! The first one to sign up was one of the wonderful Briana over at Pages Unbound. Here’s a little bit about her, but you should definitely stop by her blog, too!

Briana is an English major who loves classics and fantasy.  Her favorite book is The Lord of the Rings, and Tolkien has had a large influence on her reading, inspiring an interest in Anglo-Saxon and Middle English literature.  When she is not reading, she likes to dance and find ways to annoy Krysta.

Why did you start your blog?

Krysta and I have written book reviews for our own amusement for years. We thought it would be fun to finally share our opinions with a larger audience and to see what other readers have to say about the books we read. So far it has been really fun, and I feel a lot more knowledgeable about the book market in general.

Where did the name of your blog come from?

We wanted a name that clearly was related to books and that gave some impression of taking a book apart to see what makes it work or not work.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring?

The Oxford English Dictionary. It would take a really long time to read everything, and I think words are fascinating.

The Lord of the Rings. This is my favorite book, and it could bear multiple re-readings.

A survival guide. This may sound lame, but I’m not sure I would last long without one.

What are you doing when you aren’t reading or blogging?

I like social dances like contra, English, or Scottish. I have dabbled in learning ballroom dancing. I also really enjoy crafts and baking.

What are 3 words that describe your personality?

Creative, happy, introverted.

If you had to pick one author to meet, who would it be?

If I could pick any author anywhere, it would be J. R. R. Tolkien. I love his fiction and his scholarship, and I find him to be personally inspiring. He put a lot of work into his life with his family and his friendships!

If I could meet a living author, it would be Gail Carson Levine. I think she has a wonderful imaginative and a really great sense of humor.

What’s your favorite fairy tale?

Probably “Rapunzel.” I find the concept really intriguing. But I like retellings of “Beauty and the Beast” because the theme of learning to see the good in someone never gets old.

How old were you when you learned to read?

I actually have no idea!

How many books do you read in a week?

This completely depends on my schedule. Sometimes I have to read three books a week for class. If I’m reading for fun in the summer, the number could be higher.

What’s the first book you remember reading?

I have some memories of reading Dr. Seuss books like The Foot Book.

Red, Yellow, or Blue?

Blue.

White, Milk, or Dark Chocolate?

Milk chocolate.

Harry Potter, Twilight, or Hunger Games?

The Hunger Games! I really like the world of Harry Potter, but I think The Hunger Games is better written.

Fantasy, Romance, or Historical Fiction?

Fantasy.

Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, or Lima Beans?

Lima beans.

Thank you Briana for stopping by!

If you’re a blogger who’d like to be interviewed, let me know!

1 comment:

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...