Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bout of Books read-a-thon: Confessions

Today’s challenge involves bookish confessions. Since I don’t recall any laugh out loud embarrassing book related stories (except for that one time at Books a Million…), I’ll be doing the “This or That” portion of the challenge (although I like to ramble, so my answers will most likely be very long!)

Physical book or eBook?

Physical books! I Wish I had an eReader because my purse (AKA Book Bag) usually weighs about 10 pounds (I’m really not joking!)

Paperback or Hardcover?

Paperback! I just don’t like hardcovers, but since new releases are generally only available in hardcover, I don’t have much choice.

Reality or Make-believe?

Make-believe! Who wants to read about the real world?

Adult or Young-Adult?

Young Adult! I’ve read maybe 2 adult books in my life, and I didn’t exactly enjoy them. I’m happy reading Young Adult books for the rest of my life!

Dog ears or Bookmarks?

Bookmarks. I only dog-ear books if they’re old books which have already been dog-eared on that exact page and my bookmarks have gone missing.

Breaking the spine or Barely open the book?

I tend to lean towards the “barely open the book” side because when I see a cracked spine I come close to tears.

Tea or Coffee?

Umm…neither. I’m proud to be caffeine free!

Reading in bed or On the couch?

I do almost all of my reading in bed, even though I can’t sit/lay comfortably in it, because my family is very loud, and I need peace to be able to read.

Series or Standalone?

I don’t have a preference really, but I hate long series! Usually after 5 books, the story goes downhill and only exists to make more money.

Original or TV Adaptation?

Um, I don’t watch TV…

Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks?

I assume we’re talking about reading in moving vehicles. Most often I prefer audiobooks, but whenever I’m in the car long enough to listen to any part of an audiobook, those sitting in the back seat are making sure I won’t be able to hear it. That being said, I usually get dizzy while reading in cars, unless I’m super absorbed, in which case I don’t care (I finished Mockingjay on a 3 hour road-trip!)

Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again?

I don’t crush on authors, but I can remember their names, so I’d say I’m somewhere in-between.

Interview or Guest post?

Interview. I’m just not a big fan of guest posts.

 

So there you have it! I’d love to read your confessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...