Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up (6)

[weekend-wrapup3.png]
Overview
This week I didn’t get much of anything done because I’ve been getting ready for camp and I’ve managed to get less than 3 hours of sleep a night!
Posts
Books Read
Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2)Surrender (Possession, #2)
  • Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
  • Surrender by Elana Johnson
Received This Week
177917_361406683925447_1783468866_o
Of course preparing for camp involves some shopping, so in between the flashlights and socks, I managed to pick up some books.
457894_361407093925406_613919566_o
First, The Selection by Kiera Cass. I used a leftover gift card from my birthday to Wal-Mart to get this one. I was surprised at the selection of books they had!
412170_361406910592091_2145151959_o
Next I got a couple from my favorite thrift store. Each of these were about a dollar:
  • Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
  • Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
  • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
471769_361407327258716_657283492_o
And finally, I got a ton from the bargain outlet a couple blocks away from my house. They have an excellent selection of books for ridiculous prices (I spent $18 total on all 7 of those brand new books!)
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan
  • Snow in Summer by Jane Yolen
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green
  • Paper Towns by John Green
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
To Read
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
  • The Iron King by Julie Kawaga
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Even though I’ll be at camp all week, I’m still planning on getting some reading done. The car ride there and back is a total of about 8 hours, which is enough time to finish 2 medium sized paperback novels.
Coming This Week
Like I’ve said, I’ll be at camp all week. I think I have a TTT and a review going up (I wouldn’t know, since blogger hasn’t let me view upcoming posts), but that’s about it. Have fun with your Debz-free week! (But some comment-love is always welcome!)
Other News
Have I mentioned I’m going to camp? It’s going to be a week of craziness! I’m not an outdoorsy person at all, so I don’t even know why I go to camp, but I do! When I come back I’ll probably just take a shower and go to sleep for the next 24 hours (at least that’s what’s happened before). But the week after that things should be up and running as usual.
How was your week?

7 comments:

  1. So many good books you got! I love The Selection and I hope you do too! one of my best read this year. I'm still waiting for my John Green books, I read The Fault in Our Stars and I just have to get all his books!

    I hope you enjoy The Iron King and Paranormalcy. Both are equally good.

    Have fun on your camp! :D

    -Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Snow in Summer. It was the first Jane Yolen book I've read, and I unfortunately was not impressed at all. The majority of the book is set-up, and then most of the "Snow White" events happen all in a rush at the very end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read some mixed reviews of Snow in Summer, but at least it has a pretty cover and only cost a dollar! I read her book Briar Rose, and thought it was okay, but I think I had the same problem. None of the exciting stuff happened until the last 100 pages. Glad to hear your thoughts before I dive into it, though!

      Delete
    2. I actually got it free and then gave it away. haha I've heard Yolen is more popular in the school/library markets than the general market. I've just always been wary of the fact she's written over 300 books. I'm skeptical of the fact someone can write that fast and be good, and this book didn't exactly prove me wrong.

      Delete
    3. If an author writes more than 2 books a year, I grow slightly skeptical. I'm sure she's written some amazing books in her earlier years, but she's probably losing some steam now.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for your opinion on Palace of Stone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share my opinion! All I can say for now is that it was better than the first one! (You probably find that inconceivable now, but just wait until you read it before you judge me!)

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...