Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up (7)

[weekend-wrapup3.png]
Overview
I survived camp! I’m surprised by how well I came out of it. I only got a sprained ankle, deep bruise, purple sunburn, quarter sized blister, and a concussion. I call that success! If you want to hear all my embarrassing and ridiculous stories (I bet you want to know how I somersaulted out of my tent in the middle of the night), email me and I’ll send you a link to my personal blog (you might even find some pictures!)
Posts
Books Read
None! I feel kind of bad that I haven’t read any books, but this week I’m planning on knocking out a couple. Seeing as how I’m unable to walk right now, I’ll be spending a lot of time in my room.
Received This Week
I came home ready to shower and sleep, and then my mom pulled out a mystery package. I forgot to mention to her that I’d won Heidi @ Geo Librarian’s giveaway, so she was very curious to see it’s contents.
The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)
The False Prince by Jennifer L. Nielsen
Sense and Sensibility
I also downloaded via SYNC a Sense and Sensibility audiobook. I’m hoping that I might be able to make it through a Jane Austen book in this format.
To Read
Glitch (Glitch, #1)Toads and DiamondsThe Selection (The Selection, #1)The Princess and the Hound (Princess, #1)
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison
Coming This Week
I’m slowly getting my blog up and running again, so don’t expect too much of me. My calendar says I have a book review or two, and and author interview going up, but that could change depending on if I actually get around to writing any reviews.
Other News
I have nothing going on in my life besides allowing my feet to repair themselves and my sunburn to fade into freckles, so expect to see me a lot on the blogosphere!
How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you're still kicking, that sounds like a successful camp to me! =D

    I hope you like The False Prince, it really grew on me, and now I'm recommending it to everyone. I too downloaded Sense and Sensibility from Sync! Here's hoping it's good. I actually need to transfer it to my ipod today since I'll most likely start it tomorrow.

    I love the look of Toads and Diamonds, and have wanted to read it for a while, but I'd never seen The Princess and the Hound before! Loving that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to The False Prince, because I've read so many great things about it! I'll probably forget about Sense and Sensibility soon enough, since I have untouched audiobooks from last year, too!

      Toads and Diamonds is pretty good so far, but the Indian culture is kind of overpowering. I'll be reading The Princess and the Hound (and The False Prince) to get ready for Utah Book Month in August, since Utah Authors are amazing!

      Delete
  2. I loved The False Prince! I hope you enjoy it!

    And I have never read an Austen book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...