Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) 

 

Vampires. Werewolves. Faeries. Shapeshifters.

Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths, and even worse, that she is at the centre of a dark prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

This book was bleeping brilliant! I’m struggling to find a single complaint. Everything about it was awesome. I thought it was going to be something kind of dark and creepy, and not really my thing, but instead I found a hilariously crazy paranormal adventure!

The characters were incredible. They were all slightly outrageous, but almost realistic at the same time. Evie was just awesome. She could kick paranormal butt like nobody’s business, but at the same time she just wanted to be a normal teenager,and I liked that.

The plot was spectacular! It never slowed down, but never went by too quickly. Even though it wasn’t exploding with big mysteries everywhere, there were quite a few small twists I never could’ve expected.

And finally the writing was just perfect. It was clean and crisp, and exploding with humor. And not the cheesy irritating humor, but the kind that will make you genuinely laugh out loud. I’m looking forward to reading anything and everything that Kiersten White decides to write. Even just her bio & FAQ on her blog are hilarious!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fantastic!? I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it either but I ended up laughing throughout almost the whole book XD And Tasey! Gotta love Tasey :) Great review! Can't wait to see what you think of the next books!

    All the best ♥
    Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! How could I forget Tasey? Can't wait to get to the next book!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely loved this book! I'm excited to continue on in the series. Thanks so much for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more! This is just so out of the ordinary as far as YA PNR goes. I loved how lighthearted it was, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I try to avoid Paranormal anything at all cost, but this was definitely an exception, because it wasn't a weird, dark, forbidden romance. It actually had a plot!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...