Sunday, July 8, 2012

Once Upon a Read a Thon Starting Line!


I’m a horrible read-a-thoner for some reason, but I just keep signing up for these! Starting at 12AM, the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon begins, and I start my reading (thanks to a nap that lasted until 7!) My goal for the read-a-thon is 4 books.
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Glitch (Glitch, #1)Ice
  • Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (currently on page 127)
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • Glitch by Heather Anastasiu (currently on page 32)
  • Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
Sporadically throughout the read-a-thon, I’ll be updating this post (probably once a day) with my lovely little thingy that I always use during read-a-thons.
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 0
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Total time read: 0
  • How I'm currently feeling: 
DAY ONE
Mini Challenges
What is your favorite cover that has been revealed this summer and why?
I don’t really keep track of cover reveals, but I know I’ve seen some amazing covers pop up recently!
Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)Asunder (Newsoul, #2)Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not?
I don’t care that much about covers, but a pretty cover is always more appealing (=
Updates
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 398
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 398
  • Total time read: 7 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: I stayed up until 2 finishing Starcrossed, and I’m ready for Paranormalcy!
DAY TWO
Mini Challenge
Once upon a time there was a bookish fight…
Rhine from Wither and Azalea from Entwined were arguing over whose cover dress was prettier. Usually they would consider this to be a juvenile topic to discuss, but they had reached a point where they were desperately trying to find anything they could to irritate the other. And while Gabriel and Bradford tried to calm them down, Cecily came in saying that obviously hers was the most beautiful dress, and to drop it. Seeing how ridiculous they’d been, they burst into laughter.
What do you think? Those were the first two books that popped into my head!
Updates
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 498
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 100
  • Total time read: 9 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: I didn’t finish Paranormalcy today like I’d hoped, but tomorrow I’ll be done for sure!
DAY THREE
Mini Challenge
What is your most anticipated book for 2012?
Reached (Matched, #3)
I’m probably anticipating Reached by Ally Condie the most. Matched was my introduction to the genre of Dystopia, and I’ve been dying to see what happens at the finale of this amazing trilogy.
Updates
  • Total Books Read: 2
  • Total Pages Read: 787
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 289
  • Total time read: 14 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: I didn’t read as much as I was hoping to, but I did learn that a teddy bear is the best reading companion!
Are you participating in the read-a-thon?

2 comments:

  1. Loved Starcrossed and Paranormalcy! Paranormalcy especially is a great read-a-thon choice. Super fun and a fast read. I hope you enjoy them. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I rely on covers when deciding what to read in that I want the cover to tell me what the book is about. I have trouble with covers like The False Prince (a crown) or Graceling (a sword) because they could belong to any fantasy. So, I don't necessarily want the cover to be pretty, just unique.

    I am a little disappointed by the Sever cover, though. The color scheme just seems really far off from the previous two books, and she looks a bit as if she's sitting in front of a green screen, at least on the tiny online thumbnails. Maybe it's different on the physical book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...