Friday, July 27, 2012

Random news &a new method to my ratings!

Before I get to this, I’m letting you know that I left town on Thursday to go to my grandpa’s funeral, and because of a messed up charger, I can’t bring my laptop with me. I will be checking my email occasionally, but I won’t be back to my laptop until Tuesday. I’ve scheduled some posts, but not 5 days worth! I hope you’ll survive without me!

And now, on the the real reason you’re reading this post:

I’ve been trying to come up with a more thorough rating system lately, and finally decided to keep things simple. I’m keeping to stars because they’re so pretty! But I’ll also be dividing it into 4 sections. Each section can have a score up to 25, with 5 being the worst and 25 being the best. Then I add it up and blah blah blah until I have an overall score. So as an example, take my recent review of Ice by Sarah Beth Durst.

Writing: 25 Characters: 15 Romance: 5 Plot: 20

So the total was 65, which translated to 3.25, but I rounded it up to 3.5.Whenever I’m confronted with a number like that, I’ll just round up. I hope that makes sense. And if it doesn’t, hopefully you’ll come to understand it as I keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your grandfather. I lost mine earlier this year and it is still so hard. *hugs*

    I look forward to seeing your new rating system in action!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...