Monday, July 9, 2012

Ten Ten Tuesday #5: Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…a freebie! So I decided to list some books I thought would make good movies.

When You Were MineWhen You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
This one is actually in the middle of some movie business. I haven’t heard much, but it looks like it has really good chances of hitting the big screen in the next few years, and why would it not?


Before I Fall
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
This also has some movie buzz going around. It’s got the potential to be great, and I know I’d definitely go see it! It has all the stuff that attracts teens to the theater, and also has some of that deep, gushy stuff that’ll leave them thinking.

Matched (Matched, #1)
Matched by Ally Condie
Ever since I read this a while back, I’ve wanted to see it made into a movie. It has such amazing world-building, an interesting love triangle, and a mystery just beginning to unravel—just what you need in a good film!


Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
Heist Society by Ally Carter
Amazingly this is the only Ally Carter book I’ve read, and I loved it. I don’t think I’ve seen a light-hearted teen spy movie for quite some time. Plenty of dark, heavy stuff, but we need some laughs!

Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
This book screams summertime romantic comedy! It’s packed with tons of great movie material, and you can never go wrong with mermaids.


Kat, Incorrigible (The Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson, #1)
Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
I like to think of Kat as the Ramona of the 19th century. She’d make for a great movie character, with all her charisma and charm. I like to think of her as an animated character, because I don’t know if an actress can capture Kat’s personality fully, and because the illustrations are just so cute!

Rapunzel's Revenge (Rapunzel's Revenge, #1)
Rapunzel’s Revenge by Shannon, Dean, and Nathan Hale
Actually, when I first read this, I imagined it as a video game. Basically the whole plot is Punzie and Jack performing tasks for various people, which was the main point of most computer games from my childhood. Nevertheless, I think this would be great as an animated movie!

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass
I know this almost made it onto the CW, and right now I’m hoping and praying that they’ll pick it up after all, because this book needs to see it’s way onto the big screen!

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinder is just amazing. Fairy tales and dystopia have both been growing really popular in film lately, and so this is exactly what audiences would be looking for.

My Double Life
My Double Life by Janette Rallison
Any of her books would make great Disney Channel or ABC Family movies. They’re light-hearted, laugh out loud funny, cheesy goodness. I could very clearly see this as a movie in my head, more so than with any other book I’ve read. It’s a mix between Hannah Montana and the Parent Trap, only funnier. That’s something I want to watch!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a topic. I love it! These books would make great movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cinder and Before I Fall! What an awesome list idea :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard pretty good things about When You Were Mine. It's on my to-read list, though if it's actually becoming a film, I'll have to bump it up (I like reading books before I see film adaptations).

    I'd love to see Before I Fall become a movie (though I'd love to see Delirium become one more).

    Heist Society would make such a FUN movie, and omg, I can't even imagine how incredible Cinder would be as a film (too incredible). These need to happen immediately.

    Thanks for this list! (Though now I have my fingers crossed that I see some of these in theaters soon!)


    Aimee // My list is: Top Ten Ships That Broke My Heart (just a little)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...