Monday, July 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #4: For People Who Like Shannon Hale


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…Books For People Who Like X Author! Filling in the X took a while, but then I decided on Shannon Hale, because she’s one of my favorite authors!
A Curse Dark As GoldEastPrincess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the BeastWildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1)
A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
East by Edith Pattou
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Beauty by Robin McKinley (I never actually finished this one, but I still highly recommend it!)
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

Dragon Slippers (Dragon Slippers, #1)Just EllaEntwinedElla EnchantedMatched (Matched, #1)
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Just Ella By Margaret Peterson Haddix
Entwined by Heather Dixon
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Matched by Ally Condie

Surprise! The last one isn’t a fairytale retelling! Ally Condie’s writing is just so rich and lyrical, and her world-building is excellent, so I couldn’t resist adding her to the list.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Shannon Hale is a favorite of mine, too. I might just copy and paste this entire post into my to-read list, although I've read and can therefore wholeheartedly agree with you on Ella Enchanted, Beauty, and Matched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you 100% on Shannon Hale and your recommendations. East is one of my favorite fairy tales ever and this is actually the first time I've seen it featured on a blog. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I've been working on "Retelling Fairy Tales" lists for work, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a list of over a hundred fairy tale retellings if you need help. It's buried somewhere in my archives...

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...