Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up (8)

[weekend-wrapup3.png]
Overview
This week was okay as far as reading went, but it could’ve been much better. I got stuck on Toads and Diamonds (yet again), so I didn’t even start reading anything else until Thursday, but I’m not going to mark it as DNF because I’m stubborn and insist on finishing any book I’ve purchased. For now it’ll go back to the shelf until I can catch up on other books.
Posts
Books Read
The Selection (The Selection, #1)
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Received This Week
Irises
Irises by Francisco X. Stork (free audiobook from SYNC)
and
For Darkness Shows the StarsStorm (Elemental, #1)
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
I went to the book signing in Alexandria, VA featuring Elizabeth Scott, Brigid Kemmerer, Diana Peterfreund, and Alethea Kontis. I’ll be writing a more thorough post surrounding the event later on, and might even share some pictures!
To Read
Glitch (Glitch, #1)Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Looking for AlaskaThe Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu (my eGalley expires soon!)
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Looking For Alaska by John Green
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Coming This Week
I have a challenge update/6 month overview and a couple reviews (if I get the motivation to write them!) That’s about it!
Other News
summerchallenge
I’m challenging myself to read 50 books over the Summer. I’m officially starting this on July 1st, and ending it on September 30th, since the idea popped into my head slightly too late to start on June 21st. 92 days to read 50 books. That’s less than 2 days a book. It’ll be hard, but doable. I’ll (hopefully) be listening to lots of audiobooks as well, and I can usually get through those in a day or two. If I reach my goal, I’ll probably reward myself (and maybe even my readers) with more books!
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...