Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up (11)

[weekend-wrapup3.png]
Overview
Today’s been an emotional week for my family, but I still managed to get a decent amount of reading done. Next week I’ll probably get hardly any reading done (but I’ll still be trying hard!)
Posts
Books Read
The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Received This Week
Won Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale ARC (Thanks Bloomsbury!)
Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2)
I already read an eGalley (and loved it) but I’m excited to have a physical book now! I’ll probably be rereading it along with Princess Academy before the release!
Borrowed Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (Thanks Mia!)
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
From the library:
An Abundance of KatherinesBreadcrumbsEverneath (Everneath, #1)Legend (Legend, #1)Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Legend by Marie Lu
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
To Read
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)The Princess and the Hound (Princess, #1)Everneath (Everneath, #1)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Coming This Week
Just some more reviews. And I’ll be starting a new meme on Thursdays!

Since I’m HORRIBLE at choosing what to read next, and usually change my mind a lot, I’m hoping you guys can help me decide!
Other News
On Wednesday my family got some shocking news. Before I get to the sad stuff, I got a brand new cousin who wasn’t supposed to show up for another week! She’s absolutely perfect! And now some not so happy news. My grandpa died of a heart attack at age 68. I was more shocked than sad because it’s a miracle that he even lasted as long as he did, and I was never close to him. My family is busy figuring out arrangements for his funeral and we’ll be leaving early next week for his funeral. And as one of the oldest of 30+ grandchildren, I get to be the babysitter. And I’m also putting together a musical arrangement for us to sing, and a slideshow. So I won’t get to focus much on the blog this week, if at all.
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...