Monday, August 13, 2012

Announcing…the Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon!

Yep, you heard that right! I’m currently in the middle of planning a fairy tale themed read-a-thon; the purpose of which is to read as many retellings as you can cram into your brain as possible! But I need your help. There is no way I can do it alone, so let’s see what you can do to help get the ball rolling!

For one thing, you can fill out the form below. And if you have more to offer than you can fit in this form, go ahead and email me about it. If you’re an author or publicist who’d like to donate any fairy tale related books or swag, email me. If you have the most epic mini-challenge or giveaway that you’d like to host, email. Or if you’re bored out of your mind and want to chat about fairy tales, email me! (Oh, and for now the “official” #hashtag will be #fairytaleathon, so you can also tweet me any questions with that!)

I hope you’ll join me on this crazy endeavor!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love re-tellings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally love to participate! I'm just going to sit on some of these questions and think before filling out the official form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, do you have an idea of when this might be? I might have to bring some books to a different address with me.

      And I literally just gave away a copy of Cindy Ella to a friend before I saw this, or I could have done a giveaway!

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking mid October right now, but maybe sooner. It's too bad that you gave it away, but hopefully your friend will enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Ah, too bad I already read Enchanted. That book would have been perfect for this! I recently got "The Iron King" and "I, Coriander" though. I wouldn't mind putting those aside until this read-a-thon.

    Quick question: I have two books, one is a collection of Indonesian folktales and another is the Chinese classic "Strange Tales of Liaozhai" (involves ghosts/foxes/flower-spirits/etc.). These are not exactly retellings but could they count too? Oh! What about "The Hobbit"? I've been wanting to reread that book for the upcoming film this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no real restrictions for what you can or can't read, but preferably something having to do with fairy tales. I'll be reading a collection of the Brother's Grimm fairy tales, so it isn't strictly retellings. And if you think the Hobbit counts as an original fairy tale, then go ahead and read it!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...