Monday, August 6, 2012

{Utah Book Month} Book Review: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

12432220
 



THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.
In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.
As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.
An extraordinary adventure filled with danger and action, lies and deadly truths that will have readers clinging to the edge of their seats.
This book was better than perfect. Everything about it was fantastic. I cannot give it enough praise—but I think I can try.

For one thing, Sage was pretty awesome. He was so clever, and rather attractive as well. I could read scene after scene of Sage’s inner monologue, and be satisfied. Another thing I loved about him was how he remained firm in his ways, not letting anyone else tell him what to do. That takes guts!

The pacing was perfect. Nothing moved too quickly, but there was always an air of mystery and suspense about the place. Even after everything was revealed, there was still much to be discovered, and found myself surprised every so often.

And the little romance going on was so sweet. I was so glad to finally see a slow, calm romance instead of all the steamy, fast-paced romance that you see everywhere!

This is something everybody needs to read. It can appeal to fans of all kinds of books, and I hope it does!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored this book. I'm so happy to see you read and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adored this book. I'm so happy to see you read and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...