Friday, August 24, 2012

{Utah Book Month} Book Review: The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison

The Princess and the Hound (Princess, #1) 

 

 

He is a prince, heir to a kingdom threatened on all sides, possessor of the animal magic, which is forbidden by death in the land he'll rule.
She is a princess from a rival kingdom, the daughter her father never wanted, isolated from true human friendship but inseparable from her hound.

Though they think they have little in common, each possesses a secret that must be hidden at all costs. Proud, stubborn, bound to marry for the good of their kingdoms, this prince and princess will steal your heart, but will they fall in love?

Interesting is probably the best way to describe this book. The premise is interesting. The characters are interesting. The writing was interesting. Everything about it is interesting, but is it more?

I think the idea of the princess being the beast is really unique, but I could never connect with Beatrice. She was a very different character than most heroines I’ve run into, and very intriguing, but I just couldn’t click with her.

I found myself confused at times (and obviously that had nothing to do with speed-reading on 3 hours of sleep in a loud, bouncy car—right?), and asking myself what had just happened. Luckily by the end I had put together most of the pieces and everything made sense at last!

The writing was beautiful and descriptive. It fit the mood of the story and complimented to voice of narrator Prince George. It was thick, but not heavy (if that makes sense). It flowed carefully off the page and took it’s time to make things just right. It is the thing that makes me look forward to reading much more from the endlessly talented Mette!

stars

Writing: 25 Characters: 15 Romance: 15 Plot: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...