Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #10: Series I Haven't Finished

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…Series I Haven’t Finished.
418651507396644117
10. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
I was allowed to read Twilight when I was 12ish, and devoured the first two books. Then I lost interest and realized how stupid it was. I listened to the Eclipse audiobook and was feeling pretty “meh” about it. So now all that’s left is Breaking Dawn, and I’m happy to skip out on that one because the idea of a vampire baby terrifies me.
9. Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
I got the first two books on audio, and was actually pretty bored with them. They were okay, and a spunky heroine is always fun, but it just felt like the same generic middle grade fantasy you can find anywhere.
8. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
I read the first book not too long ago and really liked it, but I had no desire to continue the series at all.
830685778411439254176327
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I love love love Divergent, but for some reason I have no interest in reading Insurgent. I’ll probably get to it eventually, but I’m happy to wait.
6. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
My sister and I got the first ten books for Christmas when I was nine or something. They kind of creeped me out, so I ended up never reading the last couple.
5. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Another Christmas present! My mom got this for “her little princesses” when I was 10ish, because evidently she wasn’t aware of the fact that the Disney movie had been heavily Disneyed up, and stripped of most questionable content that the books are packed with. Needless to say, I did not continue on.
4. The Sister’s Grimm
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with fairytales, so you would think I’d love this series, right? We’ll I did sort of like the first couple books, but after book three things started getting really weird. And I’m assuming they kept getting weirder as there are at least 10 books now and the series is still not over…
narnia_book852559028187
3. The Chronicles of Narnia
One more childhood experience! When the movie came out, we got this enormous book with all seven volumes in it. I read most of them, but never finished because The Silver Chair was boring the heck out of me.
2. The Chemical Garden Trilogy
Wither was so good that I’m kind of scared to read Fever. I’ve heard it’s really, really bad compared to Wither, and that there’s a circus somewhere in there… but I guess I’ll have to since Sever is coming out soon!
1. Percy Jackson an the Olympians
I read the books after the movie, and so ended up liking the movie more. I read the first four books, but then dropped the last one because it wasn’t doing it for me. I haven’t read any of Rick Riordan’s other books, either, leading my mom to believe that I’m sexist when it comes to authors. (Whenever she tells me to read a book, the first thing she says is “It’s written by a woman!”
So…what are some series you never finished?

6 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean when you felt no desire to continue The Iron Fey series. That's how I felt about The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I didn't know it even WAS a trilogy and was just so satisfied after reading Shiver, which I loved so much. It was kind of a shocker to see when Linger and Forever came out. So while I own them (mostly because of my beau who has read both), I don't think I will read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the comment about your mom thinking your sexist about authors. I absolutely loved all the Lemony Snicket books, but I never did finish the Narnia books either. Just another series I forgot when I was making my list.

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of these are on my list as well. I can't see me ever getting beyond the first Twilight book. Here's my top ten:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-unfinished-series/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading the rest of the Books of Bayern! I'm doing it!

    I think the reason a lot of people loved the Enchanted Forest chronicles was it was a forerunner? Because I felt similarly!

    - Mary @ My Sisters Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not missing much with Breaking Dawn! I wish I hadn't read it, sometimes. :D Also, I'm a fan of the Series of Unfortunate Events, but you're probably better off leaving them unread. All they do is build up with more and more questions and unsolved mysteries until suddenly the series ends and you never find out ANYTHING. I DESPISED the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Twilight is the only one out of these that I read. And I read them in college, during my Winter break because there was nothing else to do, and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a TV. But your response made me laugh, really hard.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...