Thursday, September 6, 2012

What’s Next #5

What’s Next? is a weekly meme hosted by Icey Books

 

24770

 

 

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that? Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.

But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

 

 

13493463

 

 

Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

 

 

10429045

 

 

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

 

What should I read?

8 comments:

  1. I vote for Shatter Me. I've heard awesome things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agee with Kathrina, Shatter Me. It was awesome.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3855

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of these books, but my cousin just read Shatter Me and absolutely LOVED it. So my vote is for Shatter Me.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Shatter Me and I haven't read it yet but, everyone loves it so thats my vote!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Shatter Me yet, but I've heard a lot of good things so my vote goes for it! Thanks for voting on my What's Next? post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uglies! I read and enjoyed the whole series. It raises some interesting questions and is a fun, fast-paced read. If you like the dystopian trend, it's a good choice! Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shatter Me
    It's fantastic. Leaves you waiting for the second book.

    Although I'd love to read a review of Adam and Eve

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...