Saturday, October 13, 2012

Basket of Goodies! (19)


Inspired by In My Mailbox hosted by The Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
I was getting pretty bored calling these posts “Weekend Wrap-Up”, so I jazzed it up a bit and decided to call it “Basket of Goodies!”
RECEIVED THIS WEEK
2012-10-13_19-06-40_690
Purchased
2012-10-13_19-10-12_215
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
Matched by Ally Condie
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Amaranth Enchantment was one of my favorite reads last month, so when I saw a copy on Amazon for $3, I had to snag a copy. I’ve been supposed to be reading Matched to get ready for Reached, but I remembered after I signed up for the read-along that I gave it away to a friend. The Night Circus was $1 at the thrift store, so I grabbed it up, and To Kill a Mockingbird was a mere 50 cents!
Won
2012-10-13_19-10-38_413
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen (Thanks Asher and Jennifer!)
Darkness before Dawn by J. A. London (Thanks Epic Reads!)
One of my all-time favorite books, sign to me, and a dystopian paranormal (perfect for Halloween!)
For Review
2012-10-13_19-09-15_200
Butter by Erin Jade Lange (Thanks Bloomsbury!)
SCARLET by MARRISA MEYER!!!!!!! (THANKS MACMILLAN!)
A Breath of Eyre (Via Arcycling—Thanks Margie!)
I was freaking out when I saw the red, shiny package from Macmillan waiting for me! Ever since I got it I can’t stop thinking about it, and whenever I look at it I want to squeal or hug it or do other things that normal teenagers want to do with One Direction.
Swag
2012-10-13_19-14-49_349
I got some really cool swag from authors Elsie Chapman and Justina Ireland who both have some amazing 2013 debuts that I’m dying to read! Ooh, and I also got some pretty Random Buzzers stuff from The Bumble Girl!
NetGalley
11958583DTMfinalcoverwithbleeds2
Skinny by Donna Cooner
Dear Teen Me by Lots of Epic People
READ THIS WEEK
I finished…
10429092
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
I didn’t finish…
118089509668611
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (gave up on page 43)
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland… by Catherynne M. Valente (paused on page 160)
I really didn’t like Sweet Evil at all, and my egalley of The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland… expired and wasn’t holding my interest. I might pick it up sometime later.
To Read
7735333117980859634267
Matched by Ally Condie
Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
Butter by Erin Jade Lange
Stop by later this week to see what I’ll be reading for the Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon!
How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way you did when I say the shiny red package from Macmillan. I can't wait to read Scarlet! I didn't like the first Fairyland book by Valente. I think I gave up on page 30. I just found it to be too cute for me. I prefer my fantasy grittier.

    My new books posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many great books here! Happy to see a Breath of Eyre on the shelf too :) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got a ton of great books this week! I just finished the Matched trilogy and I loved it. Darkness Before Dawn was also very good even if it was a little predictable. Sad to hear you didn't enjoy Sweet Evil. I really liked it. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing books! i'll have to check out a few of these.
    heres my IMM feel free to stop by
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/imm-in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, what a fab haul!
    I REALLY can't wait to read Scarlet.

    Here's what's in my Goodie Basket this week

    Happy Reading,
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I've had Matched on my TBR list for forever it seems like. I'm interested in Skinny too. Hope you enjoy all of your books.

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...