Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

9593911 

 

I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Remember how I didn’t really love Delirium? How I couldn’t connect with the characters and found the plot kind of dull? Well, that is most certainly not the case with Pandemonium! I absolutely adored it!

Lena was a much more interesting characters now that she’s been un-brainwashed, but I still found it difficult to connect with her in the beginning. Luckily there were so many other spectacular characters to fill in the holes before the end, by which Lena had grown into a powerful heroine.

The setting was drastically different, but in a good way. In Delirium, the world they live in feels white-washed and drab, whereas the world in Pandemonium felt warm and vivid and exciting.

The way the book was written in two alternating perspectives was really different. It tells the story through two separate storylines that eventually meet up somewhere in the middle. The way they wove into each other flawlessly was beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful, have you ever reading anything written by Lauren Oliver? Because she is a word genius. Her writing is perfect and delicious. It flows smoothly and effortlessly and perfectly tells the story. I would happily read anything she writes, whether it be another bestselling novel or a shopping list!

Writing: 25 Characters: 25 Romance: 25 Plot: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...