Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Read-a-Thon!

For those of you who don’t know, I live in Hurricane Paradise! Smack dab in the middle of the east coast. I could be really negative about this, but instead I choose to enjoy the hurricanes that come to visit! I go dancing in the 3 foot deep puddles in the driveway (usually while singing some show tune like “A Little Fall of Rain”, “Under the Sea”, “Singing in the Rain”, etc…), I stay up late watching reruns of Seinfeld, I bake my favorite gourmet brownies, and most importantly, I READ!

545415_4779818652508_1192855235_nHere’s a pretty little panoramic view of our front yard at about 10 this morning, after the water had receded a bit.

Hannah @ The Irish Banana Review had the genius idea to do a little last minute read-a-thon during the hurricane! And while I’m pretty sure the storm has passed us by for the most part, all of my plans for today and tomorrow have been canceled, so I might as well read as much as I can!

I have an enormous TBR pile to choose from at the moment, so I better get going.

My prayers are with anyone else affected by the storm. Stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are seeing the positive side of this storm. The news here in California are really making this storm sound like the end of the world. I hope nothing really bad happens and I just pray for all of your safety. And, good luck with all of your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to ride out the storm, I hope you make a dent in your TBR! <3

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...