Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Awesomeness Brought to you by the Class of 2K13

2gxn0cl272bcr686e2h1

I was going to wait until Sunday to feature this in my Basket of Goodies wrap-up post, but then my mom kept insisting I post pictures all over the internet! So here it goes…

You know how yesterday I mentioned a certain gorgeous necklace from one Lydia Kang? Well, today when the UPS guy stopped by, the delivered more than just a little envelope with a necklace. They delivered two large boxes from the Class of 2K13! (And another mystery package, whose contents will be revealed at a later date.)

I enlisted the help of one of my many sisters to help carry them in, and all she cared about was the Halloween duct tape randomly placed on the boxes. But I didn’t care about some old duct tape, and tore right through it to reach the contents of the package:

168

Of course this stuff just had to show up on sheet-washing day!

I began un-piling stuff onto the kitchen table, and the donuts and Doritos soon began to attract attention. Five of my six siblings quickly arrived on the scene (while the youngest stayed on my mom’s lap). None of them believed that a bunch of YA authors were crazy enough to send all this junk to me, and to tell you the truth, I can hardly believe it.

Then I carried it upstairs to my room, attempting to organize it. But those five children wanted to see it and make sure I didn’t eat the Twinkies before they had a chance to. I kept shoo-ing them out, but all they cared about was who got to use the mini-flashlight in their fort, and what to name the stuffed lamb.

Finally I got it all hidden away in my closet, but within the hour, all the caramels, donuts, and golden nuggets were gone. Along with the elephant and lamb. Turns out they were all hanging out in that fort being lit by the mini-flashlight.

But you probably don’t care about all that. You want to see everything, and find out exactly why a bunch of random authors sent me cool junk!

169Blank

A Water Bottle (or lack thereof) from NOT A DROP TO DRINK by Mindy McGinnis

170Blank

Elephant from GOLDEN BOY by Tara Sullivan

172Blank

Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M’s from 45 POUNDS (MORE OF LESS) by K. A. Barson

173Blank

Doritos from ALL OUR YESTERDAYS by Cristin Terrill

174Blank

Stuffed Lamb from PROJECT CAIN by Geoffrey Girard

175Blank

Dolphin and Mermaid necklaces from THE NEPTUNE PROJECT by Polly Holyoke

17710222362

Robot Tea Infuser from MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza

17815752349

Flashlight from GONE FISHING by Tamera Will Wissinger

17915766776

Hershey’s Golden Nuggets (soooo yummy!) from RUMP: THE TRUE STORY OF RUMPELSTILTSKIN by Liesl Shurtliff

180Blank

Werther’s Original Caramels from BRIANNA ON THE BRINK by Nicole McInnes

181Blank

Twinkies from IN THE AFTER by Demitria Lunetta

18318213643222

Cocoa mix and Mini donuts from Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland

18412439950

Ginger Ale from ME, HIM, THEM, AND IT by Caela Carter

185176Blank

Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar and Listerine Breath Strips from ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE by Kate Karyus Quinn

18613326677

Notebook from OCD LOVE STORY by Corey Ann Haydu

18812369649

Pink Golf Tee Caddy from HOOKED by Liz Fichera

18713260426

Journal from MAID OF SECRETS by Jennifer McGowan

190

Oh, and a $50 B&N GIFTCARD!!!

So, yeah, today was pretty awesome (or as my mom kept saying, completely bizarre)

4 comments:

  1. AWww !! I'm so glad you enjoyed our box of goodies! Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Tell your mom that completely bizarre = completely awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am little late leaving a comment, but I just saw this post. So glad you liked the prize package! I was actually the person who boxed it all up (yes with the weird halloween masking tape) and sent it all out. I was a little concerned that the ginger ale wouldn't make it through the mail intact. Glad to know received everything with no soda explosions. ;) Congrats again and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I didn't know about this post, either, but I'm so glad that you and your sibs enjoyed the giveaway. My daughters and I really enjoyed reading this post! They say hi, btw,and they would have stolen the twinkies immediately! Anyway, good luck with your blogging, and I'm glad your enjoyed your randomly awesome or awesomely random prize, and thank you for blogging about it!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...